What is New in Flamenco 3
Flamenco was pretty much rebuilt from scratch between versions 2 and 3. One of the major goals of Flamenco 3 is to simplify the installation & use.
Compared to version 2, Flamenco 3:
- no longer requires an online component; Flamenco Server has been removed.
- no longer requires you to install & configure a database.
- works 100% on your own infrastructure.
- just has two executables for you to run (Manager and Worker).
- has its own dedicated Blender add-on, which can be downloaded directly from Flamenco Manager.
- comes bundled with FFmpeg; you only need to install Blender.
The more interesting changes between Flamenco 3 versions are listed in the changelog.